Saturday 1 October 2011

Behind The Scenes with Opera North

This week I was delighted to be asked to be a guest blogger for The Culture Vulture, a Leeds based site run by Emma Bearman which highlights many events in and around Leeds and Yorkshire.


My assignment was to attend a working rehearsal for Opera North’s forthcoming production of the Gilbert and Sullivan comic opera Ruddigore and get a behind the scenes look at what goes into putting on a production.


With the help of Opera North’s PR Assistant, Julia Lumley and Company Manager, Jane Bonner, I not only got to see some of the rehearsal but also quiz them about the work they do and the process of getting a show from the planning stages through to the curtain call.

It was a fascinating evening and one which not only taught me a lot but also gave me a deeper appreciation for the work that goes on behind the scenes into getting a production onto the stage.

To read more about my evening with Opera North, please go to http://theculturevulture.co.uk/blog/behindscenes/behind-the-scenes-with-opera-north/

Please feel free to leave a comment afterwards and check out the Culture Vulture website whilst there.

My review of Ruddigore will follow shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment