Sunday 16 January 2011

Happy Birthday Bradley!!

If you know me, then chances are you'll also know my little shadow, my nephew Bradley. He is my one and only nephew (well official nephew) and really is the joy of my life.

8 years ago today Bradley came into my life, 6 weeks premature and weighing 4lbs 7oz, he was so incredibly tiny and we all fell in love with him instantly.

As the years have progressed we have become more than just auntie and nephew, we are best friends. We have a smiliar sense of humour and we both enjoy going to the theatre to see musicals. We've also been to classical concerts, opera workshops and  had many other great and exciting adventures.


Bradley has a great outlook on life which many people (including me) could learn from. He finds joy in even the tiniest things, whether it is a day out, a game or a walk. Like any child he comes out with some classic and yet profound statements which seem way beyond his years and yet his innocence is perhaps what makes these statements so endearing and honest.


Because of the work I do for a certain classical music website, Bradley has been to opera workshops and classical concerts with me - at one point I think he thought that part of going to a concert meant that you met the artists afterwards. The fact that the people he was meeting were well known singers didn't faze him at all and his ease with them just endeared him to them even more.

Bradley with Classical group Blake

With opera singer "Uncle Nick" Nicholas Garrett

I love this little boy to bits - I don't think I could love him more if he were my own child, and so in honour of his very special birthday today, I wanted to dedicate my blog to the boy who has brought me 8 years of laughter, happiness and hugs.






Happy Birthday Bradley!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love that boy. It's fun to see him so tiny too :)

    ReplyDelete