Sunday 16 January 2011

T.I.S.W.A.S

“Saturday, Saturday,
Saturday is TISWAS day,
Saturday, Saturday,
Saturday is TISWAS
Never again to miss ’cos
Saturday is TISWAS day!


A TISWAS day is a doesn’t-matter day,
Fill the day with fun and have a laugh-a-day,
Have yourself a real mad-hatter day,
’Cos Saturday is TISWAS,
Never-again to miss ’cos
Saturday is TISWAS day!


This was the theme tune to a children’s TV programme aired every Saturday when I was younger. It was 2 hours of mad-cap fun, quizzes, phantom pie flinging and just general madness. But what does TISWAS stand for? Its definition was simple really: Today Is Saturday Watch And Smile. After a TGI Friday though, I think it should stand for Today Is Saturday Wear A Smile! Why not, Saturday is the first day of the weekend and the chance for us to have a fun and laughter day and that’s exactly what I did today.

I’ve always found the old adage “Laughter is the best Medicine” to be absolutely true. So to help you get into the TISWAS spirit, here’s a few of my favourite things that make me smile.....

The Blackadder series starting the fabulous Rowan Atkinson, 4 series covering different periods of English history and all featuring two central characters, Edmund Blackadder and his trusty sidekick Baldrick. The second series was my particular favourite as I love the wit and sarcasm.




The Vicar of Dibley
Another British classic comedy series featuring Dawn French as Geraldine Grainger the female vicar of Dibley village. This is one of my favourite episodes, not just because of the Da Vinci code references but also because it features the gorgeous Richard Armitage....


And whilst on the subject of The Vicar of Dibley & Richard Armitage, here’s another clip from the final episode in the series.


And if you think this next choice is slightly alien, then you’d be correct. I love this clip not just because it is funny but because my nephew cannot watch it without bursting into laughter every time he sees it. His laugh is so infectious, it’s amazing.....

So, as today is TISWAS day, go out and do something fun...and wear a smile, it increases your face value!


3 comments:

  1. I realise I am a little late in posting this entry as it is now Sunday, but the sentiment still stands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly remember a certain someone providing a public-private Blackadder reading ;) Love it! P.S. You make me SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I'd forgotten all about that - I did do that didn't I. I think it may even be the clip I posted above. Glad you enjoyed it.You made me smile today now too!

    ReplyDelete